Bergara B-14R 22LR

This is what we do.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Bergara B-14R 22LR

Post by Doodaddy »

acorneau wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:57 am
ppkny wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:43 am... come on don't we know better that anything sub 1 MOA doesn't have to look like a Chris Kyle sniper rifle.
Yeah, but a lot of people out there want it to look like a sniper rifle. It plays into their "I'm a baddass special-forces operator" fantasies.

If that's what is selling that's what they're making.
Elitism between shooting sports helps the shooting community in no way. They look no sillier than we do in goofy leather shooting vest/skirts.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

I'm not sure if we are drifting the thread to far or not but If there was a Rimfire match as you describe around this area I would buy a rifle to shoot it... Or maybe get some 10 round magazines for my old Frankenhunter 1427 and possibly a different stock...

I did take my Silhouette Anschutz Frankenhunter to a Precision rimfire match and found that a different reticle and 10 round mags would be a huge help..... The match was a one off AFAIK and I have yet to see another here in the Houston area.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

To me its like fantacy football. Its trendy and everyone's doing it. I've noticed IDPA has fewer people at its events than it use to. Are they peeling off to other things? Or just dropping out altogether?
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 am To me its like fantacy football. Its trendy and everyone's doing it. I've noticed IDPA has fewer people at its events than it use to. Are they peeling off to other things? Or just dropping out altogether?
Both. Participated for years..... Much left unsaid.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I think it has to do with easy and hard. Silhouette is hard. We shoot the one position no one likes to shoot. Standing. All the other competitions shoot multiple positions and it will usually come down to who shot the best standing score. I shot XTC for a few years and they had a axiom. Won at prone lost at standing.
I never begrudge anyone's choice of gun until they start to have problems. I've bought many guns I wish I hadn't. Some guns I bought and wish I bought a dozen. My 1894 Marlin CB comes to mind or my Henry .22 when they were only $275 at Wal-Mart.
I guess it comes down to one thing. Does it shoot well.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member