Bergara B-14R 22LR

This is what we do.
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Bergara B-14R 22LR

Post by Varn »

Dustin I had it backwards. I thought john won standard and luke won hunter. Thank you for the correction.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I should have looked at the actual results bulletin myself before I made my remarks. I was going by my faulty memory which gets worse with age. My apologies if I offended anyone.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:23 pm I should have looked at the actual results bulletin myself before I made my remarks. I was going by my faulty memory which gets worse with age. My apologies if I offended anyone.
If someone gets their feelings hurt from discussing guns on the internet, they should just not be on the internet. No need for apologies in my opinion.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Varn »

Another dang 9 no apology necessary that I can see. I didnt get the feeling that anyone was offended. My memory had it backwards from the actual outcome as well. Age doesn't do my memory any favors either.
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

Post by savagesnapper »

While this rifle may not be right for some shooters,
It appear it is right for me.
I shoot long range benchrest silhouette at NRA size targets out to 200 and this will be perfect!
If any one knows when these will be available to the public, just a little heads would be valuable,
There is just too sparse info at this time.
Even a call to Bergara netted very little insight.and, outside of the faux mag, I think it will be useable for standard NRA silhouette competition.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

savagesnapper wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:39 am While this rifle may not be right for some shooters,
I shoot long range benchrest silhouette at NRA size targets out to 200 and this will be perfect!
If any one knows when these will be available to the public, just a little heads would be valuable,
Even a call to Bergara netted very little insight.and, outside of the faux mag, I think it will be useable for standard NRA silhouette competition.
That sounds interesting. Is this a one off club thing or more widely organized?
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Merlin wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:15 am
savagesnapper wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:39 am While this rifle may not be right for some shooters,
The club that I belong to also has a long distance benchrest silhouette matches. I seem to remember hearing about there being a monthly long range silhouette match being held at the Whittington Center this past summer.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

I think Dustin Flint was trying to organize a match along those lines. I don't know how far he got though.
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

Post by savagesnapper »

Yes, longer-range silhouette is very interesting. It is a Club thing.
Ranges are 50/100/150 and 200 for the four animals. 15 minutes to shoot as many sighters at a flat steel 8"x12" plate and swinger as necessary,then no more sighters after you start your 1st knockover animal,then it's 1 through 10 for score.
The chickens and pigs are no problem , but it really gets interesting at 150 and 200, particularly if you're "lucky" enough to draw into the turkeys or Rams mid-to-late morning. Any rest combinations is allowed, sandbags , machine rest, bipods etc. 35-37 is a normal club win score,40 does happen. usually, it's one of the old guys , because they seem to know how to read wind a lot better because of the experience. If there's someway you could try it you might like it,it is different. See where I'm going with this new Bergara when it comes out?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

If I had a single rifle to do traditional silhouette and benchrest silhouette, being able to swap triggers to a 1.5oz from the 2lb pull would be super handy. :p
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

Merlin wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:15 am
I also run a long range 22 rimfire match. Sort of a silhouette F-class thing with a twist. We rotate 3 formats to keep it from getting too routine. One format makes the shooter change distance every couple shots, 9 distance changes in each 20 shot string, 60 round total, using swingers it takes about 4 hours. Older shooters unable to get prone can shoot from bench. Bipod only, no sandbags, no rear support, no jackets or slings. Keep it simple. We get about 18 shooters to a match. Popular enough that we run a monthly Saturday match and a monthly weeknight match. We use a Lewis class style payback which is very popular. There is a club in northern Indiana that runs something similar, and a club in eastern KY that runs a variant of my match. I used my 541 silo rifle in the last match.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

I am still befuddle by this "Precision" rifle designation that has crept into the shooting sports as of late. Are they trying to tell us these rifles are better than a out of the box Anshutz or similar high end rifle. I'm not debating the Bergara is a class act but come on don't we know better that anything sub 1 MOA doesn't have to look like a Chris Kyle sniper rifle.
ppkny
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

ppkny wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:43 am... come on don't we know better that anything sub 1 MOA doesn't have to look like a Chris Kyle sniper rifle.
Yeah, but a lot of people out there want it to look like a sniper rifle. It plays into their "I'm a baddass special-forces operator" fantasies.

If that's what is selling that's what they're making.
Allen Corneau
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

acorneau wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:57 am
ppkny wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:43 am... come on don't we know better that anything sub 1 MOA doesn't have to look like a Chris Kyle sniper rifle.
Yeah, but a lot of people out there want it to look like a sniper rifle. It plays into their "I'm a baddass special-forces operator" fantasies.

If that's what is selling that's what they're making.
So very true. Go check out Sniperhide and read a few pages of threads.... It is close to the same as going to a high end skeet shoot. If you don't have the latest and greatest you are a zero. Every year (or month) there is a new "Must Have" combination that is required to be one of the cool kids.

Human nature at it finest.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
savagesnapper
B Poster
B Poster

Post by savagesnapper »

I understand that whole precision thing, Ive seen some of the expensive rigs these guys shoot.
I’ve even witnessed Derek Rodgers torch off his King of the 2 mile rifle in 416 Barrett! It was sure a pleasure to meet him and his wind coach! It is kind of impressive when they go out to past 800 for a 6”gong with 6.5 Creedmoor! (Tongue in cheek) there are some jacked up pickups in that bunch but not that I’ve seen any F-350s with brass bovine genitalia hanging from the multi ball trailer hitch, no cowbells, no ”if I’m smokin,I’m strokin” stickers. There are no Dodge 3500 Rams with an 8 inch riverboat stack coming out of the middle of the bed and a Columbus toilet seat decal on the rear window, But yes they do love their trucks! And they love their Precision rifle‘s. I can see why they would want to use a 22 as a trainer. It’s kind a like, say, for instance, instead of taking mom out for an expensive steak dinner, a fella could take the daughter and hop in the car and drive over to McDonald’s at a fraction of the cost ,And still feel good about himself! I am a silhouette shooter by nature, since the early 80s.Not to beat a dead horse but that’s why I like the long range silhouette that I mentioned,It is precision, it is silhouette it does require an accurate rifle, good CZ is perfect, Anschutz is better. The Precision guys, are a slightly different breed. Many of them were in military or law-enforcement(God bless them and thank you!) but I’ve never met anybody with a Chris Kyle styled rifle or a pickup truck that needs a ladder just to get in that was uncool! they got their “thang”and we got ours