This is what we do.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Best Group: CZ 457 American .22 LR

Post by DavidABQ »

ShootingStar wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:47 am
DavidABQ » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:40 pm
Wow! That is a very nice group! My Anschutz 1712 at 100 meters prints a group that would make a shotgun proud.

You need to do some ammo testing. A 1712 should be capable of sub minute groups. Check different ammo and ano different torque settings on your action. Also see of there is any interference between your barrel and stock.
DavidABQ - Nah, you don't need to do all that! Just send the rifle to me and I'll get it shooting right for you. . .someday.
It might take me years of work and investigation, but I'm willing if you are!!! =))

Finding out what it likes and getting it to shoot as we all know it should is a good bit of the FUN part!!
I shoot more outside of matches than inside!!! Really, I need to shoot even more. . . like in the wind or cold or rain - to figure out how to do those better. I've got to learn the wind "hold-offs" better for shooting AND for spotting!!!

Anyway. . . back to the day job!!!

ShootingStar
Greg Chandler
It is great to know I have such services at my disposal. To know that even if it takes years and years you would be willing to go to such lengths to help out a fellow shooter.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Best Group: CZ 457 American .22 LR

Post by DavidABQ »

Jerry,

I actually bought a fait amount of different ammo from Cathy back in the spring to test out. I never did think to try different torque settings.

Maybe I will just live with what I have. Trying different torque settings sounds like a lot of work.

The problem is most likely me anyway and not the rifle.