What do your swinger targets look like?

This is what we do.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: What do your swinger targets look like?

Post by dustinflint »

Jason wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:46 pmYou may need to take a click or two off of that ram setting, Dustin. :))
Jason, I have to hit them high to keep from ringing them :wink:
DavidABQ wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 am Dustin, the hanger on your spinners, do the fully encircle the frame or can they be removed?
I also notice your animal silhouettes appear to be welded to the hangers. Do you have issues with the welds breaking over time after repeated hits?

I tried to reduce the number of welds because mine would break every year or so on the chicken and pig spinner.
The hanger fully encircles the frame; it cant be removed.

I've never broken one of these. I bought this set from Leroy Squires in Arkansas and he welds the hanger all the way down the back of the entire height of the target. They are VERY well made. It would take a lot to break that weld but if it did break I'd just give it to one of my buddies (with a six-pack of beer) to weld it back for me.

I like your's a lot. I have a set like that. If the wind is calm I try to hit the head of the bolt every time. Great practice!
Hotrodrockets wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:05 amDustin..... you could have a few misses on that backer plate just so we don"t feel so bad!
White paint is cheaper than yellow paint. I'm trying to keep within the shooting budget!

Dustin
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Dustin,

Thank you for the compliment. My welding skills still need some work since mine used to break the welds from off center hits torquing the welds.

I like the idea of the backstop to see misses. :D

Have a great day.

David
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

Another option that I saw in AZ was having the silhouette cut out from a plate with a free hanging metal plate behind. The misses printed on the plate with the cut out and the hits thru the cut out rang the plate. The negative I had with this idea was not actually being able to see where the hit was compared to your call, but seemed to more enjoyable by hearing the ringing.
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.