CZ 455 two stage trigger

This is what we do.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

CZ 455 two stage trigger

Post by Emietenkorte »

Looking at the cross section of the trigger it looks easy enough to change out some springs to make the pull weight meet hunter standards. Might be a good option for those shooting the CZ platform for silhouette.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/00 ... r-Assembly
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: CZ 455 two stage trigger

Post by SqHunter »

It is about time somebody made a good trigger for the CZ rifles. Let us know how your spring swap works out.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Should be to me by Friday. I'm excited to try it out. They advertise its weight ranging from 1N-5N which is 3.5 oz to 18oz.
TDB
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TDB »

I received my CZ Two-Stage Trigger yesterday and completed the install.
Here are a few helpful tips and comments:

1. The factory max trigger weight is not sufficient to make the 2lb rule for Hunter Class. I replaced factory Spring 1 with a longer spring to push the total above 2lbs. For convenience, I have posted below two pictures with details on which spring and how to replace it. I bought the replacement spring pack at Ace.
2. The actual install to the rifle is quite easy. Just remove all original trigger components (including sear) and it drops right in. Two pins and voila!
3. I have a Merrier Stock. I did have to inlet the stock about .5 to .75 inches by the rear action screw. This required a dremel to the rear pillar.
4. The level of adjustments is absolutely amazing (length and weight of stage 1 and length and weight of stage 2), and all adjustments can be made without taking action and barrel out of the stock.
5. After replacing the factory Stage 1 spring, total trigger pull (as measured by Lyman Digital Gauge) is 2lbs 3oz. Stage 1 = 30-31 oz. Stage 2 = 4-5 oz.
6. Definitely can feel the wall at end of stage 1 and nice crisp break on stage 2.
7. All-in-all, very pleased.
8. Bottom line - this is a steal for $130.00
9. Get em while you can!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TDB on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

It looks terribly complicated to instal and get up to spec for hunter rifle class. It is also super expensive. People should stay away from this like the plague. :D

But seriously, I wonder if a 455 with this two stage trigger could now give Anschutz a run for its money.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

"But seriously, I wonder if a 455 with this two stage trigger could now give Anschutz a run for its money."

Anschutz will probably remain the gold standard, but gold is kind of the crux of the matter. In ten years inflation has been 24%, the CZ 455 with a two stage trigger is only a little more than a comparable 452 cost in 2006, and a 1712 has about doubled in cost. Just a guess, but I think you could buy a 455, a Lilja barrel, a 2-stage trigger, pay a gun smith to assemble and bed it (assuming you don't want to do it yourself) for about the price of 1712 - in 2006.

Actually, that sounds like a fun project...
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Thanks for the write up, we will need to give this a try. Glad somebody is making a good trigger for these otherwise fine rifles.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

last weekend before our match i was able to shoot a few rounds with a cz 455 that had the new two stage trigger. all i can say is i need one for my 455 that i use in hunter rifle class. to me it is just as good as the two stage trigger i have on my 1981 anschutz 64 silhouette. all i have to do is get the weight up to the two pounds plus area.
gundog
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gundog »

Just ordered a CZ 455 Varmint Evolution .22 LR Bolt Action Rifle 5 Rounds 20.5" Barrel SS Evolution Stock Coyote to get started in this game. Will likely add a merrier stock if his HP one comes in and works out, but that's another project. :)

I just tried to order the ACCESSORY CZ 455 MR. FLY TRIGGER ASSEMBLY
Product Number: 00500
Out of stock :cry:

Need advise on a scope for my Jr shooter and one for me? I use the Leupold 25x fixed on my HP sillywet rig. Looking for a less expensive alternative for the 22 game.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Gundog, I would look at a used Leupold m8, those were the ones before the FX line. They come in dots and adjustable objectiveshoulder with target turrets, and of course the warranty. Deals are out there, I was able to get a vx-ii 6-18 Leopold for my fiance's cz455 below the regular asking price.

I just installed the fly trigger on her rifle earlier today. Already have a pack of springshooting I bought at home depot to change out. I think it's much improved over the timney I had in it, but she will tell me if she likes the two stage better. I use a Merrier stock on my Anschutz too.
Smayone
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Smayone »

This is my first post on Steel Chickens.com. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts you guys have made since I started shooting smallbore silhouette about a year and a half ago. I was really excited to learn here that CZ was selling a drop in two stage trigger and that it can be easily modified to use for a smallbore hunter rifle. I bought one and I have replaced the first stage spring and installed my MR Fly Trigger into my CZ455. Thank you TDB. Great explanation on how to get that done. I have the second stage screw turned all the way down. I have the 1st stage pulled down such that total trigger pull is at 2-3/8#s. But I don't feel any wall for the second stage. It still feels like a single stage trigger with a long pull. Any suggestions on where to go next? And is there a way to private message someone, i.e.; TDB on SteelChickens.com?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Smayone wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 pm... And is there a way to private message someone, i.e.; TDB on SteelChickens.com?
Look on the right side under each person's avatar, there's a "contact" bubble. Click that and you can send them a PM or an email (assuming they have activated that feature on their profile).

There are a bunch of CZ tinkerers over on Rimfire Central so you might want to check over there as well.

Oh, and welcome to Steel Chickens!
Allen Corneau
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Welcome to steel chickens Smayone!

I had to increase both the 2nd stage pull and sear engagement to get to feel the 2nd stage again after I changed springs.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I understand the frustration with the CZ's trigger. I found the solution for me was to R&R the CZ trigger with a new Anschutz 1712 rifle.
Problem solved.