Anschutz trigger on a Finnfire (P94S)

This is what we do.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Anschutz trigger on a Finnfire (P94S)

Post by Emietenkorte »

Hello! I would like to know if anyone here has any experience mounting an anschutz trigger on a Sako Finnfire (P94s). I have been shooting this rifle for both standard and hunter with the original trigger with relative success but have been tempted by the dark side and have decided I might try a two stage trigger (5109) to see if it is truly better for me. I know they have been mounted on the Finnfire, I have seen them at a few matches. Whenever I ask those with the Anschutz trigger on their Finnfire I always get the response, "that's just how I bought it." If possible I would like to keep the action original without any major modifications. I know there are some out there that would say just buy a 1712 but this rifle has done well for me and it is plenty accurate. Any information would be appreciated!
BruceH
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Anschutz trigger on a Finnfire (P94S)

Post by BruceH »

I did not know that could be done. Now I am also interested. I have an original Finnfire w/ both barrels and it also shoots well, but a two stage trigger would be nice. I hope someone has your answer.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Well I didn't get any answers so I guess I made my own. Had to modify the sear placement then cut and re-weld the safety lever to fit and operate properly but it works great! The forward trigger mounting hole lines up perfectly with the action bolt and I used the empty space in the forward section of the trigger housing to put the mounting bolt from the original trigger through. It really didn't seem that difficult to do, now to see if it makes any difference in my scores...
You can find a video of it in action here... https://youtu.be/q3r_GePtJBk

Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

Interesting. What modifications did you make to the sear?
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

I made a new sear from high speed tool steel and welded it onto the existing one. I needed something taller and more forward of the original sear.