Tucson Rifle Club

This is what we do.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Tucson Rifle Club

Post by hermit5 »

Thanks to TRC for allowing me to shoot their monthly 60 shot SB match.
I can’t remember half the shooters names and the other half I cannot pronounce.
It was a great pleasure to shoot with Morgan A. a new shooter from Wisconsin I believe or was it Minnesota?Anyways he did very well at the toughest game in silhouette.
The Tucson range was another check on the bucket list of silhouette ranges shot at.I regret not giving them a “Traveling Round” plaque from Ridgway Rifle Club.
This was my first SB match since 2011 and it showed.Lever action matches seem to fill up the schedule these days.
Thanks TRC for sharing your hospitality and warm climate.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Tucson Rifle Club

Post by snaketail2 »

Do they still have the exploding chicken targets?
M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

The exploders were pigs and then switched to rams. Finding the explosives is getting harder to find all the time so the exploders are getting fewer and farther apart. It was fun while it lasted. Some of the pots were over $100 when they switched to the rams.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I shot there for a couple of years - never saw any target explode. Hope the Rams do better.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."