Monte Carlo

This is what we do.
Kujones
A Poster
A Poster

Monte Carlo

Post by Kujones »

Looking for a "budget minded" stifle with a cheekpiece legal for smaller silhouette. The Savage's have the higher comb but seem to have bull barrels and the CZ 455 doesn't have the higher comb that I am looking for. Any ideas?
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Monte Carlo

Post by ter »

Boyd's makes a varmint stock, that they called a tactical in the past. I think they are 100 bucks. I bought one but it is still in the mail. It is/was offered in a factory CZ 455 in synthetic. I toyed with one at a gunshop, and it had a really nice head position for me.
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Kujones,
I don't have one myself, but I've read a little bit on this site about a Ruger American Rimfire. They have changeable cheekpieces and are very budget friendly.
But who am I to say what is budget friendly to you? Bud's Gun Shop (budsgunshop dot com) has a few for $270 for talking purposes.

Another inexpensive (relatively speaking) is a nice, used CZ 452 American, or Varmint, or Style, or Silhouette. Their prices vary but check on our Marketplace and on RimfireCentral and you may see some that fit your budget.

One of the best ways - I think - to find out what your body AND your wallet can stand is to go to several "local" matches and look at what people are using, ask to try them out, ask about pricing and really see what FITS!!

Welcome to the addiction! Shoot straight and shoot often!
If you are every around Western North Carolina on the 1st or 2nd Saturday - look me up and we can get you to a match!!!
One fellow here, took his heavy barreled Savage and had a local gunsmith put a taper on the barrel so that it would meet the Hunter rules! Works fine and he shoots it well! He put it into a Wayne Merrier stock and it fits him even better!

Good luck,
ShootingStar - Silhouette Shooter, Match Director and Silhouette Target Seller
NCSilhouette dot com
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Go for the Ruger American - they sell well used - if you don't like the sport. Here in St. Louis they go for around $249...although one shop has a Ruger Special and you can get one for $259.

Divide you shooting money into three parts - spend 1/3 on the rifle and 2/3 on optics.

CZ 452/455s shoot much better than most of the people using them - same for Annies. You can miss with almost any rifle - but if you start with the Ruger it does't hurt as much.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GSL »

HI ,
IF you have a smallbore hunter in mind or in hand ;
maybe you can simply change the cheekpiece ?
There are add on pieces than can be altered to taste ...
just a thought
GSL
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

The obvious, but expensive solution is an Anschutz model 1712.