New range in Brunswick GA

This is what we do.
dmakley
B Poster
B Poster

New range in Brunswick GA

Post by dmakley »

Just got back from Brunswick Georgia where the Coastal Area Gun Club had its grand opening for its new range today. The new range is really nice! Perfect weather and great company.

Big thanks to the members for putting on a great shoot and having a nice cookout afterwards.

there were a few folks taking pictures, hopefully they will post a few later on.
Dan
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: New range in Brunswick GA

Post by malinois »

That is awsome.... another range within range lol..no punn... I will have to make it out there sometime....
1Turkeyshort
Unclassified Poster

Post by 1Turkeyshort »

I was out there on Oct. 5th. I was just in town for the weekend and not there to shoot a match. I did get to shoot a little and check out the range though. I was a member there several years ago before I moved west. They have done a great job with the smallbore range! They moved the firing line and seperated the pistol side so you can go down to the rams without closing the pistol range. Some folks put in a lot of hours to get all that done. I think they have Five? (not sure somebody please jump in here) firing positions for each animal. The stands are solid and well thought out. That has always been a great place to shoot and the people there were always quick to put a rifle in your hand and stick you on the line if you came to "watch". That is how I started. With folks like Wayne Merrier lurking about, you are bound to learn something just being there.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Sounds like a great place for a new regional!!!

Dustin
jloehle
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jloehle »

Yes, our new range is up and running! Wayne Merier, notable gunsmith and stockmaker, designed and created it. We have 5 banks of animals and are shooting from a nice new steel structure with concrete floor.

If you get a chance to be in the area on the 3rd Saturday of the month, come on by and shoot.

http://www.coastalgagunclub.com

Joe Loehle
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Dustin,
This range is where the GA states were held for years. They have upgraded and built a new firing line. The range hosts here have had some great matches, and I look forward to shooting the new firing line, and eating some more great cooking! The range is about an hour north of the Gateway (Jacksonville FL) range, and typically the GA shooters have always shot all the matches at Gateway and vs versa. You need to come east some.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

What is the actual address of the club? I've been trying to figure out if I can fit in a visit for a match while I'm doing visiting my parents in southeastern AL early next year and can't find the address anywhere on the website. I see the "directions" page but it's not even listed on there.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Good food !! well I 'll just have to come out..... My shooting is a bit off But my eating has gone way up !!!!
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Innocent wrote:Dustin,
This range is where the GA states were held for years. They have upgraded and built a new firing line. The range hosts here have had some great matches, and I look forward to shooting the new firing line, and eating some more great cooking! The range is about an hour north of the Gateway (Jacksonville FL) range, and typically the GA shooters have always shot all the matches at Gateway and vs versa. You need to come east some.

Mary
Mary,

I'm trying to get to some matches east of here for the 2015 season; specifically the GA state match. The problem is that here in the southeast all of the big matches seem to be scheduled on the same weekends and conflict with each other ~x(

A calendar to list all the championship matches would help this problem.

Dustin
jloehle
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jloehle »

Jason,

Our address does not even come up on most maps. I don’t even know it. You can use this address of a company that is just down the street if you need to plug something into the GPS:
370 Sterling Industrial Park, Brunswick, GA 31525

The Directions on the site would help you otherwise.

Joe
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks, Joe. I'll try to conveniently schedule the family trip down to visit my parents when I can sneak away to a match. :)